The collaboration between Kontron and Cavium Networks brings leading silicon innovations to market fast by packaging them on common standard ATCA, MicroTCA and AMC hardware. Here you can quickly find Kontron’s broad range of Cavium products including OCTEON Plus 12-Core, OCTEON II 6-Core and the latest OCTEON II Dual 32-Core.
AMC Series of GbE/10GbE Intelligent IO modules
- Cavium OCTEON Plus 5650 Network Service Processor provides high-density, high-bandwidth serial I/O for networking.
Multiple Front Panel configurations:
* AM4204: 4x SFP GbE
* AM4210: 1x SFP+ 10GbE and Serial RJ45
* AM4220: 2x SFP+ 10GbE and Serial RJ45
• 12x MIPS64 R2 Cores; 600Mhz
• Up to 14.4 Billion MIPS64 instructions per second
• 16 high-speed SERDES, flexibly configured in blocks of 4
• Flexible combinations of PCI Express x4, x8, XAUI (10GE), SGMII (GbE/2GbE)
SW configurable FAT pipe region Interface
* 10GbE; Quad GbE; PCIe x4 or x8
Next Generation Intelligent IO Packet processor AMC module
- Cavium Networks OCTEON® II CN6335 cnMIPS64® II 6-core processor at 1.3 GHz; and, features one 72b and one 16b DDR3-1600 integrated Memory Controller and 12 Gen2 Serdes.
- TTM Accelerator for 4G, LTE, WiMAX base station vendors
- Ideal eNodeB and LTE network element component on MicroTCA, and co-processor NIC on ATCA blade.
- Best performance per watt compared to other multicore processors.
- Unmatched deterministic, low latency 3rd generation DPI performance with unlimited rules and rich feature-set on a single chip.
- 1x 10GbE to the front; software configurable interfaces to the Fabric with either 2x PCIe x4, or SRIO, ideal for 3rd party DSP AMCs.
- Support for IEEE 1588 timestamp for Ethernet time synchronization.
ATCA 64-Core Packet Processor Blade
- Complies to the following standards: PICMG® 3.0 R3.0 specification; PICMG® 3.1 R1.0 specification, and eventually PICMG® 3.1 R2.0; IPMI v2.0, and RoHS.
- Each OCTEON II is supported by one USB Flash drive (16GB) and 4 DDR3 DIMM sockets each supporting 32GB address range for a total of up to 256GB for both processors.
- Each processor supports 2x 20Gbps and 2x 10Gbps for a total of up to 60Gbps to a Ethernet Multilayer Switch that has a bandwidth capacity of up to 320Gbps and is connected to the Fabric Interface with configurable 40/10 GbE links [2x (4x Gb / XAUI / 4x10G-KR / 40G-KR4)], and to the Base Interface with two 1GbE links.
- Front panel access includes 2x RS232 - RJ45 ports – one to each OCTEON II processor – and 1x RS232 - RJ45 port to the switch management processor, and 1x 10/100/1000Base-T via RJ45 port to the switch management processor.