Corporate Social Responsibility
CSR Core Values
CDP & Climate Change
Environmental Management History
- Kontron established an Environmental Management for all main operations in Europe, Asia and North America.
- Main production facilities of Kontron’s worldwide operations are certified according ISO 14001.
- Certification activities are continued for bigger organizations due to market and customer request.
- With the harmonization and integration of new operational entities, Kontron began to utilize the ISO 14001 standard for the application at smaller organizations.
- Corporate Guidelines define the duties and grant for improvement and control across the entire Kontron Group.
Kontron Management is fully committed to environmental behavior and encourages employee awareness of environmental issues in daily working context.
- Therefore, our aim is to implement effective solutions in order to:
- save natural resources
- protect environment
- protect employees
- safeguard people working with Kontron’s products
- This approach comprises of:
- energy saving
- waste reduction and management
- restriction of dangerous materials
- fulfillment of all legal requirements in total
- Regular employee information and training are key factors to reach understanding and compliant behavior
Environmental Managers are nominated at all Kontron entities.
- Acting for:
- Controlling and identification of relevant changes related to environmental and legal requirements of the country of operation
- Recording of hazardous substances used at Kontron and definition of rules for controlled identification, storage and handling
- Continual improvement of environmental management system
- Definition of preventive actions and precautions shall minimize occurrence and impact of potential environmental accidents
- Internal audits and self assessments provide transparency on environmental performance and weaknesses
- Environmental compliance is a mandatory criteria during audit, assessment and selection of our suppliers
Kontron improved its global social responsibility guideline in 2008. We concretized our spirit as a fair business and social partner.
- As a corporation with globally entities, we developed an obliging corporate standard aligned to the SA 8000.
- We comply with legal stipulations
- We are regularly improving by a self-assessment management system
- We perfect fair and just behavior in the workplace
We feel that our core values will lead us to lasting success, satisfied employees and good corporate citizenship.
- Diversity through Equity
- Diversity is inherent to us, Equity brings it ahead
- Respect and Dignity
- Preservation of Human dignity by respectful conduct
Kontron as a global operating corporation is aware of its impact on climate change and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and regards taken efforts for improvement as a commitment to society.
Kontron joined the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) public reporting in 2010 and continues to disclose it’s GHG emissions annually.
Customers and other interested parties may retrieve the full report for convenience from www.cdproject.net
Major market segments which combine about 40% of revenue are served already today with products supporting energy saving within the customer system.
Kontron is committed to improvement on energy saving while the growing company demand more energy. It is prospected to engage more in certified carbon compensation programs.